Position: Property Accountant
Brand Real Estate Services is an established full-service commercial real estate firm committed to the success of our clients. We are strategic stewards of a diverse portfolio of five million square feet of retail centers, office buildings, flex properties and land throughout the Southeast. Our uniform commitment to client service and entrepreneurial spirit set us apart. We specialize in asset and property management, landlord leasing, tenant representation, investment sales, as well as construction and development in partnership with our sister company, Brand Properties.
The Property Accountant is responsible for full cycle property management accounting for a portfolio of assigned commercial properties. Work involves frequent communication and interaction with clients as well as accounting, leasing and property management team members. This position may evolve into a Senior Property Accountant if knowledge, experience and leadership qualities exist.
· Prepare accurate and timely financial statements with supporting documentation.
· Review and enter accounts payable invoices. Work with Property Manager to ensure invoices are properly coded and expensed to the correct property and period.
· Process tenant cash receipts, process checks, perform cash management transactions.
· Research and answer Property Manager’s questions regarding tenants, property income and expenses.
· Generate recurring charges on the first of the month and issue tenant rent statements.
· Review operating statements and identify missing expenses needing accrual.
· Review and reconcile accounts receivable aging and supporting tenant ledgers.
· Maintain reconciliations on balance sheet accounts.
· Manage fixed asset system and record monthly depreciation and amortization.
· Set up new properties, maintain buildings/suites square feet.
· Abstract leases in detail regarding lease charges to ensure billings are in compliance with lease terms.
· Set up recovery formulas for buildings/leases necessary for CAM reconciliations.
· Prepare annual CAM reconciliations, ad-hoc reporting.
· Work with Property manager to prepare annual budgets for all properties and reforecasts as needed.
· Assist Manager of Accounting with special projects as necessary.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
· Experience in property management or real estate accounting required.
· MRI experience required and Yardi experience a plus.
· Excel experience required.
· Experience with commercial leases required.
· Must be able to work productively with little direction or supervision.
· Excellent organization and communication skills mandatory.
Interested parties, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org.